We can never talk enough about boundaries! They are so important for loving ourselves, living empowered and creating healthy relationships, but most of us never saw healthy boundaries modeled and struggle with setting them. That’s why I’m SO excited to have the amazing boundary and relationship expert, Nedra Glover Tawwab, on this week’s show!
In this episode, we have a great conversation about boundaries in all kinds of relationships, whether it be your mother, father, sibling, your teen, your spouse (or ex-spouse), boss or friend. Nedra and I discuss what we need to learn and do to set clear boundaries, and she explains how necessary it is for our mental health to express and communicate our needs. Our conversation covers SO much ground, including:
- What a boundary is and what it looks and sounds like
- How to honor your own boundaries and not give in when you get pushback
- What to do when the person you set a boundary with gets mad
- Navigating guilt when setting boundaries
- How boundaries can reduce anxiety and boost your overall mental health
- Answers to your top questions about boundaries
It’s so important to take care of ourselves and have “self” boundaries, which may not involve anyone but us. These can be the most important of all!
I think you are really going to enjoy this show. It’s filled with great tips on how to get started with setting your boundaries today.
LINKS & RESOURCES:
MORE ADULT CHAIR
The Adult Chair
The Adult Chair Membership