I believe you can find peace no matter where you are in life, and I believe that because I have lived it! I spent the first part of my life living with anxiety and depression every day, and now I wake up most days in a state of peace…one that I would have never thought possible during my days of anxiety.
And while there isn’t a magic pill to find peace, the good news is that we have a choice and can take small steps every day to live in greater peace. Today, I want to share my step-by-step guide to cultivating peace with you — the exact practices I use to stay in peace in my life. These steps are practical, quick and easy to practice, but they make ALL the difference.
Listen to discover:
- How the ego responds to emotions (and why that creates problems for us!)
- How our stories and assumptions get us out of balance
- How to honor and truly feel your emotions
- Why you are the only one who can take care of you
- The five steps you can do today to find greater peace
Here are the five steps I share in the episode. Listen to find out exactly how to practice these, starting today!
- Slow down.
- Put your feet on the floor and ground.
- Breathe (slowly).
- Check in with yourself (body and emotions).
- Journal to process what you are feeling.
Happiness is fleeting, but peace is a state of being that we can choose and sustain. I hope these five steps give you the tools you need to stay in peace and balance in any season of life.
“One of the things that we do when we have an emotion that’s rising up inside of us is we speed up. Because what’s happening is the ego is trying to solve the “problem,” which is the emotion that we’re having.” – Michelle Chalfant
“When we sit in our healthy Adult Chair, we know emotions are not a bad thing. They are a beautiful gift.” – Michelle Chalfant
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Use code ADULT50 for 50% off your first order
The Adult Chair Website
The Adult Chair Membership
The Adult Chair Coaching Certification
The Adult Chair Workshops